Friday, October 9, 2009

Google Wave

This was how it will be when I haven't got an invitation to Google Wave but I tried to log in:


Picture 1 Google Wave (failed to log in)

My friend was invited by his friend on Thursday and on Friday he got the invitation, then he invited me. On Saturday I did not get the invitation. Next week, on Friday, I got the invitation to Google Wave. So, I thought the invitation was probably sent weekly on Friday.

This was how it looked after I logged in and post some "wave":


Picture 2 Google Wave (after Logged in)

It can even be simplified by minimising all of those:


Picture 3 Google Wave (simple)

Google Wave is claimed to be a system for people to exchange messages (in old days it was called a letter) in this days using current technology. This is how I see the difference:
  • Post system (before up to now):
Picture 1 Post System
  • Google Wave:
Picture 2 Google Wave

Personal Comments:
  • Google Wave is another email. I need to check it quite often and it is still lack POP3, IMAP4 or other similar service. In this stage I think it is still difficult to send the wave to e-mail, what is more possible is sending notifications to the account holder.
  • Google Wave is not another Office Suite. It can be used to make documents, but it is still lack of features to edit or format the documents compared to office suites.
  • Google Wave is not another Facebook or Twitter. In Facebook or Twitter, I add my friends to my account. In Google Wave I just need to remember their contacts (e-mail) or just use Google Contacts to keep the information.
Facts:
  • Google Wave is still in preview version
  • Google Wave is linked with Google Contacts which is still in beta version

    1 comment:

    1. Picture 1 Post System

      Picture 2 Google Wave

      are not displaying.

      Btw, can I post comment anonymously?

      ReplyDelete